The pink dotted paper was used as a background on a blue card and was also used for the “happy” die cut, which was cut twice and then glued together and glued onto the card. “Happy” was highlighted with chalks to make it stand out against the background of the same paper.
The rose was stamped three times on acetate, coloured with alcohol inks and also stamped three times on two different patterned papers. All six roses were cut out, the leaves were cut off all of the paper roses and one of the acetate roses. The acetate roses were layered with the paper roses and attached together with double-sided tape. One rose was attached directly to the card and the others were attached with foam tape.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of paper used for the card and attached over the die cut. Sequins were added to the card.
Product List: stamps – rose (Altenew “Bamboo Rose”), sentiment (Rubber Soul); die (Altenew); ink (Tsukineko StazOn); sequins; chalks (American Crafts Pebbles I Kan’dee Chalk Set)
The tree was stamped on acetate and a green patterned paper. The acetate tree was coloured with alcohol inks. Both trees were cut out and attached together with double-sided tape. Using the Circle Loop die four loops were cut out using two different patterned papers. The two loops of the same paper were attached together in a few spots, allowing some separation. The loops were layered with a strip of patterned paper and attached to the card.
The sentiment was stamped on vellum and attached to the card. The tree was attached to the card with foam tape and highlighted with glitter glue. A few sequins were added to the completed card.
Simon Says Stamp’s Ugly Sweater set is so fun and has so many possibilities — though, I think any creation made with it wouldn’t be ugly at all!!
I used three different patterned papers for the sweaters and coordinating papers for the trim — all were stamped, cut out, and glued.
Behind the three sweaters I used Concord and 9th’s Tree Ring Background stamp and a strip of flowered paper. I stamped the sentiment on acetate and then layered these on a gray card. The tree ring was coloured with gelatos.
Each sweater was embellished with a different item — a wooden bird coloured yellow with alcohol ink markers, a pear sticker attached with foam tape and highlighted with liquid pearls, and a wooden tree coloured and also highlighted with liquid pearls. The flowered and striped sweaters were attached directly to the card and the “pear sweater” was attached with foam tape. A few silver sequins were attached to the card.
The piece of tree ring that was cut away for the placement on the front was attached to the back of the card.
The flower stem was stamped directly to a rectangle of orange patterned paper as well as on another patterned paper and acetate.
The acetate was coloured with alcohol inks. The acetate and second patterned paper flowers were cut out and were attached together with small pieces of double-sided tape and secured with a small brad and then they were attached to the orange rectangle with foam tape.
The sentiment was stamped on vellum and attached to the rectangle by folding it over the sides and attaching it to the back. The rectangle was attached to a white card and the leaves were highlighted with glitter glue.
Beginning with a vertical card covered with patterned paper, I then stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper. I stamped the flower onto white glossy paper and coloured it with watercolour crayons and alcohol inks to give a washed and hand pained look.
I cut the flower out, attached ribbon to the backside of the flower, and attached the flower to the card with foam tape. A quick and easy card.
I started by stamping the flower branch on a white card and then stamped it again on white matte cardstock. I coloured the large flowers with watercolour crayons (applied with a watercolour brush) and added some accents with alcohol ink markers. I also stamped the flower branch on a scrap of paper, which I cut out and used as a mask when stamping the tree ring directly onto the card.
I then cut out the three large flowers from the cardstock and attached them to the card (over the matching flower) — one directly to the card and the other two with foam tape to create dimension.
I highlight the leaves and flowers with glitter glue, added sequins, and stamped the sentiment directly to the card. As a finishing touch, I highlighted inside and around the outside of the tree ring with watercolour crayons (applied with a watercolour brush).
The lady was stamped on a pink card and also on coloured paper. The dress on the coloured paper was cut out and glued to the card. The lady’s hair and shoes were coloured with chalks. Her lips were coloured with Liquid Pearls and her collar was highlighted with glitter glue. “happy” was cut out three times on coloured paper; the three cut outs were glued together and then the sentiment was glued to the card. “birthday” was stamped on a piece of cardstock, backed with ribbon, and attached to the card with foam tape. A flower embellishment was attached as the lady’s bouquet.